Ingredients (serves 4) 2 cups self-raising flour, sifted 1/4 cup almond meal (ground almonds) 2 tablespoons caster sugar 1 1/2 cups milk 1 egg, lightly beaten 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 150g fresh or frozen blueberries 40g butter, softened double cream and icing sugar mixture, to serve Method Combine flour, almond meal and caster sugar in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add milk, egg and vanilla. Using a large metal spoon, stir until just combined. Gently fold half the blueberries through the batter. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add 2 teaspoons of butter to pan and swirl to coat base. Pour 1/4 cup of pancake batter into pan and swirl to form a 10cm round. Cook pancake for 2 minutes or until small bubbles begin to appear on the surface. Turn over and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining mixture, adding more butter to pan as necessary. Place pancakes on each serving plate. Top with a dollop of double cream. Sprinkle over remaining blueberries. Dust with icing sugar and serve.
Recipe from www.taste.com.au
Coming SOON the 2011 Australian Almond Statistics Report.....
The source of planting data summarised in this report is an Almond Planting Survey, distributed to all known Australian almond growers. More than 170 surveys were distributed in September 2011. Surveys contained pre-printed data previously reported of almond plantings by variety, irrigation type, acreage, age, tree spacing and location. Survey participants are requested to update information with any new plantings, removals and corrections. New growers were also issued with blank surveys for completion. Greater than 95% survey response was received in 2010 and again in 2011. It is currently estimated that the remaining 5% collectively represents approximately 300 hectares (740 acres) of almond plantings, being approximately 1% of total plantings. The report also contains current and future projections of Australian production, domestic consumption and world production data. Due out March 2012!